When attempting to uninstall the Collector on a windows machine the uninstall fails with an error:
No JVM could be found on your system. Please define EXE4J JAVA HOME to point to an installed 64-bit JDK or JRE or download a JRE from www.Java.com.
Sumo Logic Collector uninstallation failure with the error message "No JVM could be found on your system" is caused by not having Java installed on the system and mostly occurs with Windows hosts.
Try to run the uninstall.exe file with the "-q" option. The "-q" option executes the command without presenting additional prompts.
$ uninstall.exe -q -console
Try running the uninstall script in the Sumo Logic directory by following the below steps from the command prompt:
- Open the command prompt.
- Go to the location of the Sumo Logic installation (typically Program Files\SumoCollector\).
- Run the following script to uninstall the service:
- Verify within Control Panel > Services that the service is no longer available.
To Complete the Removal Process:
You can then delete the SumoLogic Collector directory and it will also stop it from running, essentially uninstalling it. We don't store files outside of the SumoLogic Collector directory. You can clean up your registry by searching for "Sumo Logic".
1) Open up regedit
2) You should be able to find the registry entries by searching for "Sumo Logic"
3) Delete the \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ej-technologies\install4j\installations registry key