The account owner can reassign the role to any other admin in your organization's Sumo Logic account. Once the account owner has been changed, only the new account owner will be able to see the Account Ownership section of the Account Overview tab.
To change the account owner role
- Go to Administration > Account.
- Select the Account Overview tab.
- Under Account Ownership, choose a name from the New Account Owner menu, then click Change Owner.
- After the account owner has been changed, only the new account owner will be able to see the Account Ownership section of the Account Overview tab.
In the case where the existing Account Owner has left the Organization and is not available to change the ownership you will need to open a support case with Sumologic technical support and provide the below information.
- The email address of the existing account owner.
- The email address for the new account owner (needs to be an Admin user)
- When submitting your request CC 2 or more Administrator users who can help approve the requested change.
For anyone else wondering, per the support request I opened to clear things up, the account owner must be a part of the built-in system "Administrator" role, not just belong to any role with "Admin" privileges.
Please sign in to leave a comment.