When trying to share a dashboard to whitelist or to the world, the user receives a "Permission Denied" error when attempting to save.
Permission denied error when attempting to share a public or whitelisted dashboard may occur if one of the following steps has not been performed.
Step 1. Enable the Sumo Logic Policy
In this step you enable sharing of dashboards outside your organization. You must have Admin privileges to enable the policy.
- Go to Administration > Security > Policies.
- Select the Enable check box for Share Dashboards Outside of the Organization.
- The policy is changed. It can take up to 5 minutes for the policy to go into effect.
Step 2. Verify your role allows external sharing
You must have specific role capabilities to share a dashboard with external users:
- The Share Dashboards outside of Organization capability is required to share dashboards with users who do not have a Sumo account.
- The Share Dashboards with the Whitelist capability is required to share dashboards with users on the whitelist.
- The Share Dashboards with the World capability is required to share dashboards with external user users.
If you do not already have a role that grants you the required capability, an Admin user can assign you one, as described in Assign Roles to Users, or create a new one as necessary, as described in Create a New Role.