I was not able to login to Sumo Logic UI using Chrome browser, using credentials that were working previously. Looking at the developer tools in the browser (using right click in the browser window and selecting Inspect and selecting Network tab), I noticed an HTTP 500 (Server Error).
The chrome version was 74.0.3729.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Currently, there two known use cases that have been known to trigger this type of login failure.
- When system time is changed and then the user tries to login
- This error may also be seen as a side effect of Chrome garbage collection processes- which may be addressed in newer Chrome versions.
- Ensure you are on the latest version of Chrome.
- Killing/restarting Chrome browser window and then re-attempting login.
- Login using an incognito tab.
- Try accessing with a different browser, such as Firefox or IE or Safari