Sometimes Technical Support or Engineering are unable to replicate a reported issue. In these cases we might ask you to create a HAR file in Google Chrome, this file gives us more information that helps to troubleshoot the issue you are experiencing.
In Google Chrome, follow these steps to create the HAR file recording:
- Login into the Sumo Logic UI
- Right click anywhere on the page, and then select "Inspect"
- Select the "Console" tab, while on the console tab hit the keys Ctrl+L to clear the console.
- Select the "Network" tab
- In the "Network" tab clear the current contents, see screenshot. To start recording, go to the top left corner of the panel and make sure it is red, if it is not red, then click on it to start recording.
- Now you can follow the steps to reproduce your issue, run queries, open dashboards, click on links, etc. Please, do not go to a new tab or window while recording.
- Once you have completed all the steps and are at the error, right click inside the panel. See screenshot.
- Select "Save all as HAR with content"
- It will open your "Save As" dialog box. Save the HAR file to your computer and attach it to your Sumo Logic ticket.