We have Windows EC2 t2.medium with installed SumoLogic Collector. When it is active, java.exe process takes lot of processor time and eats up all the CPU credits that results in the machine slow down.
What we have tried so far:
1. Reduce size of the logs analyzed. Updated path patterns so that only most recent log files are analyzed. That reduced size to around 140 MB. CPU credits usage doesn't seem do be different to the one when we analyze all logs (~ 2GB). Is 140 MB still too much for Sumo?
2. In user.properties set wrapper.java.maxmemory=256. Still memory used by java.exe floats around 190 MB, doesn't increase and still uses lot of CPU. wrapper.conf contains following lines as advised:
# Overwrite the defaults with any properties in user.properties
3. Added to collector.properties line
local.win.event.collection.flag = 0
4. Tried to set cpuTarget in collector.properties but it seems that 20 is a minimum and this value is reverted back to 20 each time when service is restarted.
5. Collector version is 19.182-25.
6. Collection status shows 13,629 message count.
Can somebody help with that?
Please sign in to leave a comment.